Delicious Churro Recipe
Churros, the delightful Spanish treat, have always been a favorite among dessert lovers. Crispy on the outside, soft and doughy on the inside, these golden sticks of goodness are irresistible to anyone with a sweet tooth. In this recipe, I will guide you through creating the perfect churros that will transport you straight to the bustling streets of Spain.
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- 1/2 cup white sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt, and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in flour until the mixture forms a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in a deep-fryer or large, deep skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Pipe 5-6 inch strips of dough into the hot oil using a star tip. Fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Roll drained churros in the mixture while still hot.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Yield: 20 churros
Crispy and sweet, these homemade churros are the perfect indulgence for your dessert cravings.
Nutritional information: Calories: 180; Fat: 7g; Carbohydrates: 29g; Protein: 2g
The smell of cinnamon and sugar fills the air as you bite into these freshly made churros. They are best enjoyed with a cup of hot chocolate or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Whether you are hosting a party or simply want to treat yourself, this churro recipe is a crowd-pleaser. So, gather your ingredients, follow the simple steps, and savor the joy of making and indulging in these delicious churros. Happy cooking!