Homemade Miso Soup
Create a comforting bowl of Homemade Miso Soup to warm your soul. This traditional Japanese soup is a delicate blend of umami flavors that will transport you to the heart of Japan. Made with simple and fresh ingredients, this soup is perfect for a cozy night in or a light appetizer for a larger meal.
- 4 cups dashi (Japanese soup stock)
- 1/4 cup miso paste (white or red)
- 1/2 cup tofu, cubed
- 2-3 tablespoons dried seaweed (wakame)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a pot, bring the dashi to a gentle simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the miso paste, stirring well to dissolve.
- Add the tofu and seaweed to the soup, simmering for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with green onions.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Homemade Miso Soup is a classic Japanese dish that embodies the essence of comfort and simplicity. The combination of savory miso paste, delicate tofu, and nutritious seaweed creates a harmonious and flavorful soup that’s perfect for any occasion.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories – 85kcal, Total Fat – 4g, Saturated Fat – 1g, Cholesterol – 0mg, Sodium – 913mg, Total Carbohydrates – 7g, Dietary Fiber – 2g, Sugars – 1g, Protein – 6g.
Make this Homemade Miso Soup and embrace the warmth and authenticity of Japanese cuisine. Share the joy of a homemade meal with family and friends, and savor the rich flavors of this beloved soup.