Wholesome Veggie and Lentil Soup
If there’s a comfort food that speaks to the soul and nourishes the body, it’s a steaming bowl of Wholesome Veggie and Lentil Soup. This recipe is a celebration of wholesome goodness, blending vibrant vegetables and hearty lentils into a delightful concoction that warms you from the inside out.
Imagine a medley of fresh, colorful vegetables like carrots, celery, and tomatoes, mingling together in a rich, aromatic broth. The lentils add a satisfying heartiness, making this soup not just delicious but also incredibly nutritious.
As a chef deeply passionate about creating dishes that both tantalize taste buds and promote well-being, this recipe holds a special place in my culinary repertoire. It’s a balance of flavors and textures, carefully curated to bring you a bowl of comfort that is both wholesome and satisfying.
- 2 cups green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, and celery. Cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, lentils, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, cumin powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Bring the soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let the soup simmer for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
A hearty and nutritious soup featuring lentils and fresh vegetables, perfect for a cozy meal.
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 280, Fat: 1g, Carbohydrates: 51g, Protein: 18g
If you’re looking for a soup that not only fills your belly but also fills your senses with warmth and contentment, this Wholesome Veggie and Lentil Soup is the answer. Whether enjoyed alone on a chilly evening or shared with loved ones, every spoonful is a reminder that good food has the power to nourish, heal, and bring joy.